Curium, discovered in 1944 in Chicago, happens to be highly radioactive. Learn more about the synthetic element with a video from a larger series on each of the chemical elements. A chemist describes the discovery, properties, and applications of curium to bring science to life for young viewers.
- Learn more about the impressive education of Marie Curie in a time when girls weren't allowed to go to college
- Create a timeline of the Curies' discoveries, deaths, and the honor of having an element named after them
- Avoid displaying the comments as many involve language and personal attacks not typically allowed in a classroom
- Requires very little class time
- Provides closed captioning in English and Portuguese for easier note taking