This Cubic Polynomial activity & project also includes:
Birthdays are a time for celebration, and now they're a time for calculation! An AP calculus lesson uniquely explores relationships between a polynomial function and its derivative. Learners create a cubic function based on their birthday, ensuring a unique function for most students. The activity reviews key points and vocabulary of the cubic/polynomial function, and relationships between the graph of the function and the graph of its derivative.
- Activity is written for independent completion
- Guided discussion will ensure all desired concepts are reviewed
- Graphing calculator required
- Directions written for independent completion
- A fun and innovative way to review a complex concept
- Teacher guide and answer key are not provided