This CSI: The Experience - Family Forensics activity & project also includes:
Forensic scientists depend on their observation skills to analyze evidence down to the molecular level. Middle and high schoolers practice making observations and predictions with a series of crime scene activities, which includes a blood spatter demonstration, a DNA extraction from a strawberry, and a fingerprint examination.
- Consider working with the science department to conduct the DNA testing activity
- Extend learning by engaging the class in a discussion after each activity
- Crime-based scenarios may be disturbing for some pupils; use with discretion
- Keeps scholars interested in the subject and makes concepts more meaningful and memorable
- Requires easy-to-find materials, such as strawberries for the DNA activity