This Creating Your Own Original Interpretation of the UDHR lesson plan also includes:
How can visual aids enhance understanding of a complex topic? With the third of four lessons from the Introduction to the Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) set, scholars view illustrations online from the book We Are All Born Free and discuss their reactions to the pictures. Finally, pupils interpret one of the articles from the UDHR by creating a visual display.
- Invite other classes into the classroom to view the mural and to discuss human rights issues
- Aligns to Common Core College and Career Readiness Standards
- Provide poster, construction, or chart paper and drawing utensils for each student
- Includes objectives, guiding questions, and a brief lesson overview
- Combines art, collaboration, critical thinking, and visual literacy skills