A historic site marks a place where a relevant historical event occurred, no matter how many people know about it. Small groups choose their own historical sites, including a place where a class member was born, or even a football field where a big game was won. They then carry out research to prove that the event they chose is significant enough to establish it as a historical site. Lastly, learners design signs, craft a monument, gather artifacts, and create maps to present to the rest of the class.
- Provide examples of historic site maps, artifacts, or statues
- Organize groups accordingly
- Review and acquire materials prior to implementing
- Promotes a collaborative working environment
- Does not include examples of how the final product should look