This Create Your Own Book: The Different Tales of Raven activity also includes:
The raven is the focus of a lesson that examines trickster tales and the different stories about the bird. After listening to three tales about the raven, scholars pinpoint and discuss descriptive words. Pupils use one story to illustrate and read aloud to the class or create an acrostic poem.
- Plan to perform the lesson during Native American Heritage Month inNovember
- Browse other trickster tales depicting different animals
- One of the included video links is no longer available, but a replacement has been provided
- Requires internet access, projection, copies, paper, writing, and drawing tools
- Offers lesson variations if links or supplies are not available
- The links to the read-aloud and printable booklet no longer work