This Create Gas activity also includes:
Let's have a gas. Individuals mix baking soda and vinegar in a bottle. Learners view the interaction between the solid and the liquid and notice that a gas is formed. Scholars notice the gas inflates a balloon stretched across the mouth of the bottle.
- Lead a discussion on the chemical reaction that is happening
- Brainstorm other chemical reactions that create gas
- Assumes the class knows the states of matter
- Provides a scientific explanation of what is happening
- Contains a list of materials required