Explore the chemistry behind the airbags that keep you safe in a collision. Using a simulation, your classes find the best gas to use to inflate an airbag. The simulation shows the time it takes to inflate to a maximum volume. Individuals manipulate the concentration and type of gas and watch the resultant reaction.
- Have classes write a summary of their discoveries from the interactive activity
- Must create a free account to have access to the interactive activity
- Expects a fundamental understanding of chemical reactions and balancing equations
- Includes a link to an interactive that allows learners to practice balancing chemical equations
- Visuals reinforce chemical concepts
- Does not include directions or a lab write up for pupils to follow