The past, the present, and the future ... there's so much to discover about the galaxy. Scholars learn about the creation of the universe, its current structure, and how it is changing. The PowerPoint presentation begins with a discussion of the Big Bang theory and ends with an examination of the expanding nature of the universe.
- Have pupils write a summary of the lesson after the presentation
- Ask learners to brainstorm what they know about the universe before the presentation to activate prior knowledge
- Lesson is heavy in vocabulary, which may present a challenge for English learners
- Uses diagrams to help make sense of data
- Provides observational data to support claims