This Cosmic Microwave Background lesson plan also includes:
Begin your next class with a BANG! Pupils discuss the formation of our universe and its expansion before proceeding with an activity designed to demonstrate what most likely occurred billions of years ago. They conclude with a discussion on how these historical events relate to modern day science.
- Have the class research the history of our universe and why the Big Bang is the most widely accepted theory of the universe's origination
- Challenge the class to provide an alternate ending to the required "Cosmic Times" article; discuss these endings at the end of this lesson
- Ensure no participant has an allergy to latex; if someone is allergic to latex, provide an alternate form of balloon for the experiment
- Detailed outline of lesson plan allows educators to modify and expand activities as desired
- Hands-on activity relates to historical events important for the scientific community