This Coral Reefs in Hot Water activity & project also includes:
Global warming is leaving coral reefs in hot water. What does that mean for their survival? Find out as scholars use authentic satellite data to explore the issue. Learners look for global trends in the data and research the effects the temperature change has on the sea rocks.
- Collaborate with the math department to create an interdisciplinary lesson
- Have pupils present their findings to government representatives in the form of a letter
- Expects previous experience using spreadsheet software to analyze data
- Provides a detailed teacher guide to provide helpful planning suggestions
- Includes a lesson opener animation to use as a motivator