How do fractions and decimals relate? Scholars learn how to change base-10 fractions to decimals and vice-versa. The sixth resource in a 16-part series revisits decimal place value. The video walks through the steps to write decimal fractions as decimals and the meaning of each digit.
- Put up a large classroom size number line and have pupils place base 10 fractions on it
- Create a human number line, giving each person a card with 0 through 9, and have them create decimal numbers
- Learners should understand place value
- Includes a review of concepts
- Uses graphics to show decimal places