Contrary to popular belief, the government cannot do anything it wants. As the 17th lesson of a 50-part unit exploring government and politics, a short video explains the controlling limits placed on appointments and powers in government. Great as a supplement, it encourages thought and discussion on exactly how to limit the power of the bureaucracy.
- Role play the appointment process of a member of the president's cabinet to understand the limits placed on different departments
- Preview the lesson with a reading on checks and balances in the government
- Video is less than 10 minutes in length
- Animated thought bubble puts the concepts in motion for visual learners
- Provides primary source quotes and facts for further research