Reinforce language and reading comprehension skills with a worksheet focused on context clues. Scholars carefully read twelve sentences, use prior knowledge and sentence clues to define an unknown word.
147 Views 146 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Assign the worksheet as homework, during a small group rotation, or an exit ticket
- Allow pupils to check their answers using a dictionary
- Learners should have an understanding of context clues
- Bold font separates the word in focus from the rest of the sentence
- Offers clear and detailed directions
- Provides limited space to write word definitions