This Contact among Mesopotamia, Egypt, Kush, and Other Societies activity also includes:
Trade has always been a global affair. Explore what global trade meant for ancient Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and Kushites using a collection of documents from the historic societies. By examining literary works such as the Epic of Gilgamesh and an ancient curse, as well as photographs of archeological evidence, young historians get caught up in the cross currents of ancient trade. A suggested document analysis and key give ideas of how to use the resource in the classroom.
- Use resources to enhance instruction on the ancient world by creating investigatory activities of primary sources
- Resource includes some suggested activities, but the teacher may need to create exercises for the document set
- Assumes background knowledge of the ancient world, including Egypt and Mesopotamia
- Documents are intriguing and present a variety of ancient societies
- Well-researched background information makes it easy to use documents in the classroom