This Consecutive Number Sums activity & project also includes:
Determine equivalent methods to find sums of consecutive numbers. Learners watch a video of a computer program that finds the sum of five consecutive numbers given a starting number. Pupils hypothesize how to determine the sum without adding each number. Finally, classmates share and compare their solutions.
- Ask learners to come up with the expression that would give the answer to five consecutive odd or even numbers
- Use the activity to introduce equivalent expressions
- Assumes knowledge of how to teach a lesson using a Three Act Task
- Provides connections to highlight
- Includes a link to the program to investigate further