This Congruence, Proof, and Constructions unit also includes:
- Student Reference
- Teacher Reference
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
This amazingly extensive unit covers a wealth of geometric ground, ranging from constructions to angle properties, triangle theorems, rigid transformations, and fundamentals of formal proofs. Each of the almost-forty lessons is broken down into a entrance activity, the day's exploration and learning, and an exit ticket activity—with suggested times and teacher's notes for all. Changes specific to Common Core (emphasis on mathematical writing, construction techniques and open ended questions) are highlighted, and assessed thoroughly in the mid-module and final summative assessment. Truly a resource to revisit often.
- Could be broken apart into supplemental or remedial activities for an existing unit on constructions, angles, proofs, or transformations
- Would be a great packet for homebound students
- Lessons build logically on one another, especially in the opening exercises.
- Might require extra remediation or help on these parts for absent pupils.
- Highly detailed with teaching suggestions and answer keys for all parts
- Emphasis on hands-on activities and discovery learning
- Clear rubrics and standard alignment