Other than talking, what is the role of the speaker of the House of Representatives? Learners research, via a short video clip, the leadership positions in the United States government and politics. They use their knowledge to discuss and analyze the roles leadership play in items such as Political Action Committees (PAC) and congressional elections.
- Create a Classroom Congress and assign leadership to pass a bill into law
- Research the current leadership in the House of Representatives and the roles they play
- Video is only 10 minutes in length
- Eighth lesson of a 50-part unit on the functions of the government
- Lesson includes the Clone Zone where role playing explains the concept of Congressional Leadership
- Resource benefits audio and visual learners