How does a member of Congress make a final decision on a bill or law? Scholars view a short video that investigates the process in which members of Congress come to their own conclusions. They analyze the impact special interest groups, political parties, and even the president have in making decisions for the country.
- Role play congressional decisions in which individuals argue the merits of class rules
- Extend the lesson by investigating the role of special interest groups in politics
- Video is less than 10 minutes in length
- Lesson includes a thought bubble, which animates the meaning of the lesson for visual learners
- Resource provides primary source quotes for further research and discussion