Scholars investigate the makeup and division in the legislative branch known as Congress by watching a short video outlining the function of committees within both houses. The topic inspires active thought and discussion about the functionality of the United States government and political system.
- Create a Congress in your classroom with committees, and pass a bill
- Extend the lesson with Schoolhouse Rock video on Congress passing a bill
- Requires online access if assigning the Crash Course video clip as homework
- Contains the thought bubble, which animates the lesson into a visual form
- Provides specific primary source examples for further examination and research