This Conflict Resolution: Grades 9-12 lesson plan also includes:
- Mixed Messages? (.pdf)
- Dealing With Anger
- Managing Your Emotional Reactions
- 5 Ways to (Respectfully) Disagree
- I Hurt My Friends' Feelings. What Should I Do?
- Why Am I in Such a Bad Mood?
- Rejection and How to Handle It
- Understanding Other People
- Getting Along With Your Teachers
- Talking to Your Parents—or Other Adults
- Why Do I Fight With My Parents So Much?
- Join to access all included materials
Conflicts happen. Learning to deal with them positively, manage anger, and communicate feelings is the focus of a lesson that gives high schoolers the tools they need for conflict resolution. After reading a series of related articles, groups first create a script and film their informational video for teens about healthy strategies for dealing with conflicts. Pupils then craft an essay that analyzes how a TV character dealt with a problem.
- In case learners' TV is limited, share the lesson with parents and guardians to explain the TV watching assignment
- The four-page packet includes two activities, links to related articles, extensions, and a template for the worksheet
- Requires access to computers with internet and word processing program
- A video camera is also required
- Includes discussion questions, links to related articles, and extensions