This Conditional Blocks activity also includes:
If you use the resource, then pupils will understand conditional block instructions. In the first lab of a six-part unit, pupils learn how to use conditional statements (if/then) in block instructions for computer programming. They apply these conditional blocks to solve various problems.
- Work with an English teacher for this lab due to the connections to grammar and word construction
- Individuals must have the skills from unit one
- It is helpful if learners have experience with conditional statements, such as the ones they used in math class
- Diagrams depict exactly how block instructions should be set up
- Instructions are clear, including how to name files and when to save work