This Concentrating on the Sun with PVs activity also includes:
Concentrate to determine the best reflector design. Pairs use the engineering design process to build a reflector to increase the current output of a photovotaic panel. Teams arrive at a final design and present it to the class along with their determination of the increase in current. The class keeps track of each team's design and estimates the current output for each.
- Review the engineering design process prior to assigning the activity
- The class should have knowledge of solar panels and electricity
- Set a time limit for the design, test, redesign process
- The final resource in a series of eight
- Contains suggestions for scaling the activity for lower or upper grades
- The handout is a data collection chart so individuals can record information for each team