This Computer Simulation of the Sonoran Desert Community activity & project also includes:
See how changes in initial populations and parameters affect a biological community. Individuals use a special software program to simulate a desert community with five species. They adjust initial populations to see how the community reacts to the changes.
- If possible, invite a computer scientist specializing in environmental models to give a talk to the class
- Classroom computers must be able to download specific software from the Internet
- Be sure to test out the program before having learners use it
- Pupils will have fun playing with the computer simulation
- Provides a variety of worksheets in both Word and PDF forms