This Complex Numbers lesson plan also includes:
Build on your class' understanding of real numbers as they begin working with complex numbers. Pupils begin with an exploration of i and the patterns in the powers of i. After developing a definition for i, they simplify complex number expressions.
- Ask learners to create their own power of i tables
- Create sets of flash cards for vocabulary and skill practice
- Requires a large amount of vocabulary background knowledge that may necissitate extra instruction for ELL pupils
- Provides real-life practice examples as an extension exercise
- References algebraic properties in relation to complex numbers