This Comparing Strategies for Proportion Problems lesson plan also includes:
Having problems with proportions? Then solve these proportion problems with an exercise that asks learners to first individually solve a set of problems involving ratios and proportional reasoning. Groups then discuss provided sample responses to the same problems.
- Use the lesson as review for a unit test on proportions
- The lesson includes a set of discrete problems, so if time is an issue, you can shorten the lesson by focusing on fewer problems
- Lesson requires materials, such as mini white boards and sheets of paper for posters
- Includes projector resources that can be used with an overhead, a SmartBoard, or other technology
- Contains a list of common issues and questions to guide learners to understanding