This Comparing Confederate and Union Soldiers lesson plan also includes:
The Civil War, a war that divided a nation. Comparing and contrasting the Confederate and Union soldiers is not always an easy task, but the eighth of 15 resources makes it easy to teach the concepts. Exercises include watching videos in class, working in pairs, brainstorming questions, research, and assessing primary sources such as posters from the time period.
- Differentiate for GATE by opening up the discussion to how dress in general influences people during war
- Flip your class by assigning the videos for homework
- Sensitive topics for some pupils may come up, especially during the follow-up activity
- Includes a follow-up activity
- Enables learners to critically evaluate both sides' values during the Civil War and to understand the cultural differences between the two