This Community Change activity & project also includes:
America is a country on the move. Analyzing data from the Census Bureau, class members gauge the people moving in and out of their areas. An interactive web feature allows pupils to see who is moving out and moving in, while discussion prompts help with scaffolded analysis.
- Evaluate the movement of people in and out of the area using local data
- Make recommendations to the local government based on the date included in the resource
- Learners need Internet access or be able to view data on a screen projection
- Online resource allows for a variety of hands-on uses
- Data makes it easy to implement an interdisciplinary lesson