This Communicating with I-Messages (2/2) lesson plan also includes:
Class members read a handout to learn about using I-Messages—honest statements that begin with I to get their points of view across. Next, learners practice using I-Messages with partners to better communicate without hurting others' feelings.
11 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Have pupils practice rewriting a list of hypothetical complaints as I-Messages
- Third lesson from the four-part Respecting Individual and Group Differences unit
- Builds on content from the previous lesson
- Integrates communication arts, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Includes a measurable learning objective and essential question