Find the easiest common denominator. A video demonstrates finding a common denominator to add fractions. Pupils learn how to find a common denominator by using the product of the two denominators. After finding the common denominator, the video shows how to generate an equivalent fraction before adding.
- Review finding equivalent fractions and simplifying fractions
- Provide opportunities for the class to practice finding common denominators before moving on to addition and subtraction
- Individuals should know how to add fractions with common denominators
- Uses colors to show relationships between numbers
- Connects and refers to previous videos in the series to provide continuity to different skills