This Common Compounds interactive also includes:
Can your young chemists identify the most commonly used chemicals in the lab? Introduce the class to the go-to substances in most middle and high school chemistry experiments with an interactive. The resource offers timely feedback as individuals progress through the puzzles.
- Ask pupils to show you their first tables completed, then use this task as a formative check
- Have the class create their own grid puzzles from different compounds as an enrichment activity
- If students are struggling to fill in the grids, suggest they focus on filling in either the formula or the name grids first
- Schedule time in the computer lab to complete the puzzles online
- Puzzles are engaging and easy to use
- The content helps users identify and practice naming some of the compounds typically used in lab experiments