This Comeback Can activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Convert energy within a can. Learners build a can that suspends a weight inside the can via a rubber band. The pupils roll the can away from them as the rubber band wraps around itself. The force of the band unwinding brings the can back to the scholar.
- Build a comeback can out of a clear tube to help class members see what is happening inside
- Collect data on how far each can will roll before coming back and then change the length of the rubber band to find the effect
- Requires a can or container that allows for use of the bottom and the lid
- Provides a list of materials to construct a comeback can
- Includes an explanation of how potential and kinetic energy play a role in the activity