This Color Variation Over Time in Rock Pocket Mouse Populations activity & project also includes:
Simple characteristic changes can have a significant impact on species survival. A hands-on activity has learners investigate the color variation in pocket mouse populations in different environments. They connect the timing and number of the variations to the changes in the environment over the same time period.
- Show pupils images of different environments and have them predict the more prevalent type of pocket mouse
- Allow time to prepare the necessary materials
- Requires knowledge of food webs and how animals fill niches
- Includes a link to an additional activity for further analysis
- Provides all necessary materials and handouts