This Color Combinations lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Explore color through an examination of pointillism and light. Class members view Georges Seraut's famous painting on a computer, zooming in and out to see the details and effects of the technique. They then cover how light and color are related, create a color wheel, take a look at a modern example, and try their hands at pointillism.
- Coordinate with the science teacher and examine color in art class at the same time your pupils are studying it in science
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Combines art and science to build a more complete understanding of how color works
- The title of the artwork is listed as A Sunday on La Grande Jatte—1884, but is more commonly know as A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of the La Grande Jatte