This Colombia Biodiversity lesson plan also includes:
How diverse is the rainforest? How much more diverse is a rain forest than a temperate forest? Explore these focus questions in a lesson that explores the plants, animals, and insects in forests. After listening to a reading about biodiversity, learners participate in a variety of activities that require them to measure different aspects of biodiversity and create displays of two types of forests.
- Assign pairs ahead of time
- Although the resource is intended for kindergarten, it is adaptable to other grades as well
- A Walk in the Rainforest by Kristin Joy Pratt is a necessary reading
- Review the materials list prior to implementing the lesson
- The 19-page packet includes detailed procedures, a rubric, teacher background information, a materials list, and worksheets
- Some concepts and avtivities may prove difficult for kindergarteners to grasp