The purpose of 75% of the human genome letters is still unknown. Is it unnecessary information or does it have a key to important information in human genetics? The lesson animation is a visual reference to the massive amount of information stored in our DNA, and pupils learn firsthand its known functions.
- Have learners develop their own model of what three billion looks like
- Calculate the number of letters dedicated to proteins and genes
- Meant as an introduction to the human genome
- Author provides a series of videos on genetics
- Emphasizes strong scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson