This Close Reading and Gathering Evidence from Frightful’s Mountain and “Welcome Back” lesson plan also includes:
Where did the falcons go? Scholars read the article Welcome Back which describes the disappearance of falcons due to the use of pesticides. During a second read, learners annotate the text by marking unfamiliar words and facts about falcons. They then work in triads to write a sentence to summarize each paragraph and discuss the text's relationship to Frightful's Mountain.
- Incorporate with study of ecosystems and food webs
- Lesson two of 13 in Grade 6 ELA Module 4, Unit 1
- Requires completing lessons in order
- Uses sticky notes
- Documents true facts about falcons
- Includes a timeline agenda to guide the lesson