This Climate Solutions – A Call to Action! lesson plan also includes:
The final lesson in the 21-part series on climate change focuses on energy solutions to the consumption problem. Using data specific to their school, pupils make recommendations, follow up on actions, and carefully track progress. Through changing weather and seasons, the unit places the school on the path to a greener world.
- Repeat this series of lessons each year with a new group of students, comparing the school's progress each year
- Expects the energy audit started in lesson one is complete
- Assumes prior knowledge of each of the previous lessons in the series, as this is the summative activity
- Includes links to case studies from other schools that have completed the program
- Designed for the National Science Education Standards, National Education Technology Standards, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Education Standards, Climate Literacy Principles, and Energy Literacy Principles
- Easily measured progress encourages scholars to keep going