How can something so important be, well, boring? Explore the opinions of random citizens through a video by Veritasium. The narrator asks open-ended questions to interviewees about global warming, their personal efforts to reduce carbon emissions, and the hole in the ozone layer.
- Before playing the video, ask the class what they think about climate change and what they do to help the environment
- Follow up with information about the UN climate summit mentioned in the resource including what world leaders decided to do at the summit
- The video requires no prior knowledge and is a great way to kick off a discussion or unit about climate change
- The narrator asks questions carefully to produce the most honest answers
- Each topic in the video is backed up with facts and data