This Classroom Paper Recycling activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
After reading about the history and recycling of paper, creative crafters collaborate to think of a new process for making recycled paper. A complete teacher's guide and student worksheets are included. There is no written procedure for the students in making the paper; it is an exercise in design and critical thinking. You will, however, need to instruct learners on how to use mesh wire and wooden blocks for drying recycled papers.
- Meets Next Generation Science Standards in almost all grade levels
- A practical lesson that increases awareness of human impact on the environment
- Learners practice creativity and collaboration within an engineering experience
- May prove to be too challenging for younger elementary children