You are the governor of your state. A man has been sentenced to die for first degree murder, but you've been asked to commute the sentence. What do you do? Scholars consider the difficult question using a conversation starter video that features a dramatic reenactment of the scenario.
- Show the video to stimulate discussion on the Eighth Amendment and death penalty
- Part of a series of videos from the Exploring the Constitution series
- Material in the video may not be suitable for all classes
- Dramatization offers a balance of views about the death penalty
- Included discussion questions make using the video easy