This Classroom Activities: Stem Cells and Diabetes lesson plan also includes:
- Potent Biology: Stem Cells, Cloning, and Regeneration Lecture Series
- Join to access all included materials
A multi-faceted lesson immerses AP biologists into the world of the stem cell. Using PowerPoint presentations, you introduce your class to diabetes and the possibility of finding cures through stem cell research. Online animations and hands-on simulation activity provide experience reading microarrays. A card game is also suggested as a way to review material learned. Take the time to examine all of the resources built into this tremendous biology curriculum package, beginning with the Teacher Materials PDF document.
- A variety of information delivery methods make this lesson effective with various learning styles
- High quality resources from a reputable source
- Choose only some or all of the activities to fit your stem cell curriculum
- Provides scaffolding needed to understand the highlighted content