This Classification of Life presentation also includes:
Did you know scientists identify more than 13 billion species of organisms, and they discover more almost every day? An interesting presentation demonstrates how scientists keep track of so many species. It also shows how they communicate when they all speak different languages, an amazing example of collaboration!
- Practice using dichotomous keys
- Pre-teach the word misnomer
- Relies on prior knowledge of basic sorting, i.e. plant vs. animal, mammal vs. reptile
- Includes worksheet aligned to presentation key topics
- Uses many excellent examples to clarify concepts