This Classification of Life presentation also includes:
Did you know scientists identify more than 13 billion species of organisms, and they discover more almost every day? An interesting presentation demonstrates how scientists keep track of so many species. It also shows how they communicate when they all speak different languages, an amazing example of collaboration!
- Practice using dichotomous keys
- Pre-teach the word misnomer
- Relies on prior knowledge of basic sorting, i.e. plant vs. animal, mammal vs. reptile
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes worksheet aligned to presentation key topics
- Uses many excellent examples to clarify concepts