Where did our classification system come from, and why is it so important? Budding biologists discover binomial nomenclature through a brief but informative video. The resource covers the three kingdoms, then branches out from there to cover some specifics in assigning organisms to a particular level of classification.
- Ask pupils to come up with their own acronyms to remember the levels of taxonomy
- Show the video, then continue learning about classification with an online lesson from PBS
- Viewers need to understand some basic things about types of cells and characteristics of organisms
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The video is a fun alternative to stuffy, traditional classification videos
- Content is well-written and animated