No, a cladogram is not a new mass measurement beyond kilo. In the video, scholars watch as a simple cladogram is constructed consisting of seven organisms with shared characteristics. From this, the instructor asks where a new organism would be placed, explaining parsimony. Viewers then see a cladogram of primates. Video two in a series of 18.
- Video best fits after teaching evolution and natural selection and beginning a unit on classification
- Resource requires a computer, access to the Internet, and a way to project the video
- Keep in mind that YouTube comments are open to the public and may not be appropriate
- Video is the second in a series of 18 that focuses on evolution
- Great, simple, engaging example at the beginning
- Provides closed captioning, which helps learners follow along and take notes
- Utilizes high-quality diagrams