This Civil War Slang lesson plan also includes:
Introduce a lesson on Civil War slang to your class of fresh fish. After looking at pictures from the Civil War and examining the list of slang terms, young historians write a letter to a family member as if they are a Union soldier or a Grayback. Be sure to tell learners to include some slang terms in their letters as they become as fit as a fiddle in using the words. This resource is just plain hunkey dorey!
- Tailor the list of slang words to make it appropriate for the class
- Search the Internet for more Civil War slang to expand the learning experience
- Clarify the importance of writing letters in first person
- Some words may be confusing for learners to understand
- A list of slang words is included as well as multiple assessment opportunities