This Civic Knowledge and Action: Voter Registration lesson plan also includes:
What does the data say? Using provided voter data from the 2016 presidential election, scholars describe the data and identify questions they could answer by analyzing it. Learners then construct tables and use them to determine whether two categorical variables are associated. As an optional project, pupils draw appropriate conclusions to answer a chosen question and present their conclusions.
- Gather voter data from a non-presidential election year and compare the turnouts between the two elections
- The optional activity would add an additional 90 minutes to the lesson
- Assumes knowledge of representation and interpretation of categorical data
- Handouts are set up to also be filled out electronically
- Provides instructional suggestions including differentiation strategies
- Contains an answer key