This Civic Knowledge and Action in AP U.S. Government and Politics lesson plan also includes:
Vote, it's your civic duty! The high school lesson plan focuses on voter turnout and civic participation with a series of activities. Young scholars analyze data to discover voter turnout trends, complete worksheets, and participate in group discussions to understand voting in the United States.
- Have academics poll family members about their voting habits
- Arrange for a local election official to speak to the class about local voter turnout
- Lesson is designed for Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- Lesson is aligned to AP Government standards
- Provides an answer key with the handouts for easier grading