This Circuits Lab: Lightbulbs lesson plan also includes:
Electrons flow from negative to positive, but the general consensus is that current flows from positive to negative. Scholars explore current through construction of circuits in both series and parallel. The focus is on voltage, resistance, and Ohm's Law.
- Extend the idea by discussing how lights with multiple switches work
- Regular version requires a basic understanding of electricity; in addition, the advanced version assumes prior knowledge of fractions
- Requires six D-cell batteries for every two or three students as well as copper wire, lightbulbs, and a multi-meter for each group
- Provides a lecture introducing all vocabulary
- Includes an optional extension activity