And round and round the park we go! Given a description of an amusement park with the locations of three attractions connected by walkways, learners consider what happens when additional attractions join the mix by doubling the length of the walkways. A circular railroad track connects the three attractions and can't cross the walkways, requiring individuals to identify the conditions for when this is possible.
- Use the activity as a problem of the month-type challenge
- Provide scaffolding to struggling learners by suggesting triangles to investigate
- Scholars must be familiar with different triangle types
- Includes a scoring sheet with a correct solution and explanation
- Provides a printable student worksheet